Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Dinner

Normally on Sunday we go to either my family or Brandon's family's house. It is great...no cooking for me! Today, however, we stayed home to have our own "Sunday dinner". In October Kason went deer hunting with his Dad. Kason loves to hunt (almost as much as his dad!). He ended up shooting his very first deer! Brandon steadied the gun on his shoulder, and Kason shot and hit the deer that was 200 yards away. He was ecstatic beyond words!








So, our Sunday dinner today was brought to the table by Kason. I cooked his deer roast - with lots of spices I might add - and I have to say it was pretty good! The kids loved it, and of course Brandon loved that I even ate it! Pretty fun to say that our 10 year old is bringing dinner to the table.


6 comments:

Shaundee said...

This was the best present ever...I checked my email this morning and there was your blog!!! We finally convinced you! I am so happy. The blog looks great and you are going to be so happy you have it! Love you so much.
Shaundee
Oh, I can't believe you actually ate the deer meat??? What were you thinking :)

Sherine said...

Is that a dead deer in your garage??? What a long way we've come:)

Shalice said...

Definitely not my garage...Brandon's parents! Although, we did live in Arkansas for three years remember??

Anonymous said...

you are a better wife than I. It was hard enough for me to use the eggs that we collected from our chickens----too real or something. I am so impressed!!!

Jennie said...

Congrats Kason!!! I am so proud of you.

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

HI Shalice..thanks for your comment on my blog. It was so fun to see your blog and your darling family. I can't believe you have #5 on the way! AND you cooked and ate deer meat while you are pregnant...I can barely eat regular meat! Take care and we'll keep checking your blog for updates!