Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another One

This boy has hit his head multiple times in his short 2 and 1/2 years of life! I hope his brain survives all the trauma. Here is the latest...



He was jumping on the couch (something I should not have been letting him do) and hit his head on the arm of the couch. This picture was taken minutes after. He had a huge goose egg protruding immediately. Since then the bruising has all gone away, but he still has a little knot on his head. Is that ever going to go away? I sure hope so!

P.S. For those who are interested, we ate the wild turkey on Sunday, and I have to say it tasted like TURKEY! It was probably the best "wild meat" I have eaten thus far. Don't get me wrong, however, I didn't eat too much of it. I still have a hard time stomaching something that I have watched be killed, plucked, cleaned, and cooked. For some reason I would rather buy it frozen from the store. My husband thinks I am crazy! But at least I try everything.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Shalice, it's been so fun to catch up on your blog. I especially enjoyed the "What not to say to a pregnant woman." Amen on that! You look GREAT. And I'm not just saying that. Your family is SO adorable, too.

I'm so impressed you ate wild turkey. I don't know if I'd have the stomach for it.

Anyway, BEST of luck on your upcoming delivery! I can't wait to see pics of the new little one!
-Tiff Barlow

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the bruise--huge bruise that is!! And I just have to say that the whole turkey thing is so gross!!!! I saw that laughing, but oh my!!!! You are a good woman. I love the dangling legs picture the best!

Sherine said...

um excuse me... child services? Kidding... I'd be more worried if a two year old didn't have a bump or a bruise. I'll pass on my least favorite Todd quote. 'don't worry sherine... kids are resilient'