Monday, November 10, 2008

Overachieving

I have been taught since I was very little to always do my best in anything I did. Always go the extra mile, do the extra credit, leave things better than I found them, and make sure to do more than was asked of me.

I think this was something that my parents did a good job instilling in me.

I feel like as I have gotten older I have not been able to do this very well....I wish I could go the "extra mile" a little more! It somehow seemed easier to do this when I was younger. ( I must be getting tired!)

But, I have found something that I have definitely "overachieved" in this year:





Anyone else have their Christmas lights up already?


Have you had them up for a few months.....just being extra prepared for the holiday season?


Did you make sure you got them up before the snowstorms come?


Anyone else have such a wonderful husband, that you didn't even have to ask, beg and plead to put the Christmas lights up this year??


Well, we have definitely gone the extra mile in this department, because our lights are up! (I am so happy to see that all of my parent's hard work has not gone by the wayside!)



Just don't tell anyone that we didn't even take them down from last year! Seriously...can you believe that. Brandon just kept rationalizing it by saying that we would be the first in the neighborhood to have our lights up - and the lights are clear - so no one notices them! What?


I am glad I don't have to beg and plead this year to have him put them up. It looks like the problem is going to be begging and pleading for him to take them down! :)

10 comments:

♥Shally said...

SHALICE!!!

Do you live in West VALLEY!!!

I am kidding.

And I hope no one from West Valley that reads this gets offended...

Well... at least they weren't the icicle kind.

I hate when those are hanging in the middle of summer!!

Sherine said...

Cut out of the same mold I tell you... all men.

Jennie said...

That is AWESOME!!!!

Tiffinee said...

Tee hee hee! You totally had me! I thought you were all prepared early and stuff! As long as you don't have tinfoil in your windows, and plastic flamingos in your yard...you're still good!

Jenni said...

Priceless. If only I could get my husband to put some up. Last year we went without any. He blamed it on the covered gutters, but where there's a will there's a way. . .right? I just hope I don't expend my will elsewhere. Looks great though!

JenL said...

At least he put them up last year. And they look like they are hanging straight still. I can't stand droopy christmas lights. But I don't usually get any...maybe if I wasn't so picky, he'd consider putting them up for me.

ashlee said...

I love it! We didn't even put Christmas light up last year for us to take down so you guys are a step ahead of us. I can't believe how big Braden is! I don't think I have seen him since he was a baby. Happy Birthday, Braden.

Shaundee said...

Laughing so hard. Just remember that Lyza noticed that they were up last week. She thought you were the coolest Aunt ever! And I agree with Sherine...all men...exactly the same. Good thing we love them!!!

Sharielle said...

Lee and I think that is so funny! Hey at least you have Christmas spirit. In the 6 years I have been married I have never once put out a decoration...we have never even had a tree. So I think you are just compensating for us. So sad!

Becky Workman said...

how fun, you'll be the first one's to turn them on the day after Thanksgiving. We left ours up till Valentines once, and they were red/white, alternating, so it was sort of ok.
We didn't even get ours up last year, and w/Adam gone, they sure aren't going up this year. My kids think they have the worst parents....if I ever get lights up again, they're never coming down.