Friday, January 25, 2008

It's A.....

So, before I give up the gender of our new baby...I have to give you a little background. When I was pregnant with Braden, I felt like there were two boys that needed to come to our family. I did not know that Braden was a boy yet, so when we found out that he was a boy, I thought "perfect, one more left."


About 7 months ago we were driving in the car and Kason said (out of the blue), "Mom, I feel like someone is missing from our family." Well, I had been thinking for a few months that it was starting to be the time to think about getting pregnant - but the thought of being sick was not appealing quite yet. I guess that was the little push I needed.


A couple of months later, I was pregnant. The kids were ecstatic when we told them! They all said that the news of having a baby come to our family was better than going to Disneyland! Kason was insistent from the beginning that he knew it would be a boy. I also was quite sure that we would have a boy. The girls, they of course wanted a sister at first, but have since changed to also "knowing" that it is a boy!


At the ultrasound yesterday, I felt like it was just a formality when she asked if we wanted to know the gender. She looked closely for a few minutes and said:



I was completely shocked! So much for mother's intuition, personal revelation, or whatever else you want to call it!

I looked at Brandon and he said: "Well, it looks like we might have to do this again."

What?? I am quite sure I cannot do this again...physically or mentally. So, there you have it....another princess will be coming to our family - I hope we have room! I love little girls, and it will be fun to end on one! Needless to say, the kids were happily dissappointed. They could not believe it was a girl and there reaction was priceless! I wish I would have had it on video!

One good thing, I have been dying to redo the nursery...and girl colors and decor are so much more fun to work with! Any great ideas? I would love to hear them!

P.S. I tried to scan in the ultrasound pictures, but my scanner wouldn't cooperate...sorry!

11 comments:

Sherine said...

Wooo Hoooo!!! Congrats:) Tiff was going to redo my nursery (before the move) She had suggested Chocolate and Icy blue or pink, or black and white with red accents. She had some great bedding to match both ideas.
Good luck!
Next comes the name game!

Sherine said...

Oh yeah.. you did say 'end' right?

Lisa Cannon said...

Thanks for commenting back. It is great to get back in touch with you. I can't believe how long it has been!!!

I don't know why Amy went private. Just one day it was. I ran into her mom at Kangaroo Zoo last week and I asked her why. She said that she is just paranoid. But, she could at least make us welcome. I'm going to call her... It's no fun to blog unless you can catch up with old friends. Isn't that one of the reasons we do it? That is how I ran into Sherine and Mindy. I went to elementary school with Mindy. It is such a small world!

Congratulations on the new little girl you are about to have. I am jealous!! I have three little boys and hopefully will get my girl for my last baby.

I can't believe you ate deer meat!! You're brave! Are you guys in Utah?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Shalice!!!!! So happy for you. Being at the end of my rope (physically speaking) I cannot believe you are doing this FIVE TIMES!!! Hats off to you! I saw really cute fabric at Pine Needles in Gardner Village that would be darling for a girls nursery. I bought the same line of fabric to make a boy set. Funky-bright-brown& pink. You could also go through Amy Furstenau's blog and find her sister inlaws (Amy) blog- she did a darling nursery in black/red/yellow/white- also very funky and cute. Have fun!!!!!

Lisa Cannon said...

I left a comment on Amy's sister's blog requesting her email. So, hopefully she'll get back to me soon!

Chelsea said...

HOORAY! So exciting! I'm excited to stay posted on your family. I feel like I haven't seen you guys since you only had 2 kids. Lots changes when you move away I guess. You're fam is beautiful!

Jennie said...

Congrats I am so excited for you. We are both having girls!!! Yeah, for the princesses!!!

Shaundee said...

I am so excited for you!! Oh and a bit mad...we were going to have our little boy team together! Are you sure you don't want to try one more time with me??? Just promise me that I can hold her and love on her as much as I want! I love you!

Oh and I am voting for Tessa as her name!

♥Shally said...

Congrats! Go to Poshbaby.com-- they have great stuff, but make sure you go to the clearance items, because the rest is really expensive. Girls are so much fun...

Lisa Cannon said...

Email me - I got Amy's email. lisaah@juno.com

Becky Workman said...

Wow! So exciting Shalice! I was so moved by your story of Kason's insight, your motherly intuition, etc, and then a girl?? What's that all about? Adam's neighbors growing up had a story kind of like that....it took them like 5 more girls before the last boy came (I think they had 12 or something!) CONGRATULATIONS! When are you due again?