
Since I was little I have always LOVED Disneyland! It is a magical place that I could never get enough of. Since having my own kids, I love it even more.
I want to go every month
But Brandon doesn't!
In fact, he doesn't seem to catch the magic like I do. Granted, the last experience we had was at Disney World two summers ago....it was HOT (95 degrees, and 95 percent humidity), and so crowded! Heat and crowds are two things that make Disney World/Land not very fun! So, I reassured him that this time would be better.
And it was PERFECT!!
Our kids didn't know....we surprised them. We told them we were going to St. George for a week. We stayed over in St. George....and the next morning we told them we were going to Las Vegas. 6 1/2 hours later (don't drive to Calif. on Sunday...apparently everyone is coming home from a weekend of gambling in Sin City) we arrived. The kids were not happy we had decided to go to Vegas....it took way too long!
But, bunkbeds in the hotel room solved everything!
I can't believe Kason didn't read any signs or notice where we were. I guess because it was dark, and being distracted by a movie in the car helped!
The next morning we told the kids we weren't in Vegas....but actually California! There faces were priceless. They were ecstatic! The first words out of their mouths were "We are going to DISNEYLAND!"

Nothing is better than totally surprising your kids! It is worth every dollar just for their reaction.
Oh, what a time we had....it was beautiful weather (75 degrees and sunny); and completely uncrowded. We were walking on to almost every ride.
Like I said, It was perfect. Even Brandon said so!
I planned for meltdowns with the kids. But, they didn't ever occur.....I think the "no line waiting" was the reason.
So here is an onslaught of pictures to document the fun!

Braden's favorite rides were Buzz Lightyear, Monsters' Inc., and the new Toy Story ride. I think he rode Buzz Lightyear and Monsters Inc 25 times each. One time he rode Monsters Inc 6 times in a row! Like I said....no lines!

I will post more of the rest of the trip in a coming blog. We were in California for a full week! Nothing better than being with your kids (no school or other commitments interrupting) and your husband (no work or hobbies interrupting) for a whole week!
Just a note....if you need a great workout try chasing your 5 and 3 year old in "Tarzan's Treehouse" with a 5 month old and 2 cameras in tow. There are a ton of steps in the "Tarzan Treehouse", and 5 and 3 year olds can run much faster than I can! I was seriously so sore the next day...my thighs were on fire. We went up and down the treehouse multiple times while waiting for the big kids who were on Indiana Jones.
7 comments:
LOVE the collages.. and they're not cut off on my computer
SOOOO fun!!!
We are going in May.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Great idea about the books-- I am totally going to do that!
So fun! That's great that you surprised them. We will have to do that when ours get a little older. Cute family! Are you coming to the scrapbook party?
I am so jealous. The rules here are very strict about missing school. If you miss more than 3 days for vacation or any other unexcused absence, you have to go to court.
What a cute idea to suprise them!! You guys are so cute! But seriously.....every month??? I'm with Brandon.
I so wish I was there to see thier faces! I love the pictures, keep them coming. I can't wait to give them all kisses in 5 days!!!!
I can't believe you managed to surprise them! The girls have known we are going for months. But we are staying a week too, at the Disneyland hotel. Rob accuses me of not appreciating the happiest place on earth nearly enough. But I have to say you have gotten me a little more excited.
Post a Comment