Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Conversation with a 2 year old


Braden and I were talking about the baby that is in my belly. You know, trying to prepare him for the shock that will hit his life in a few months. Well, this was how it went:

Me: Braden, what is in mommy's belly?

Braden: Baby!

Me: Baby brother or baby sister?

Braden: Baby sister!
And then touching my belly he excitedly said: "Let's open it!"

He then proceeded to pull on my already protruding belly button very hard! Obviously trying to open it!

Braden: "It's stuck mommy!" (While continuing to pull on my belly button - now making it stick out 4 inches instead of 2)

We laughed and laughed. Kids are so literal. I wish I could pull on my belly button and have the baby come out - now that would be great labor! Needless to say, my belly button was quite sore for a couple of hours, and if it didn't poke through my clothes before...well, it is huge now!


4 comments:

Sherine said...

Ha!! I love it. Deacon still thanks Heavenly Father every night in his prayers that Finley is "out." He must have sensed my pregnancy craziness!

♥Shally said...

Too cute. My belly button will never be the same after my pregnancies!

Sad...

Lisa Cannon said...

So funny! My body will never be the same after my babies. Aren't kids great, they say the funniest things!

Becky Workman said...

too funny Shalice. If only labor were that easy....