Monday, May 4, 2009

NASCAR Time

I know there are many people that love NASCAR races.....but Brandon and I are not some of them. So, imagine my shock when Brandon came home one day and said he wanted to go see a NASCAR race in Phoenix!

"What? Please don't tell me this is going to be added to your hobby list....you already have a few too many of those." I said

He assured me it was just a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. (Hmm....where have I heard that before..)

So, off he went to meet his cousins in Phoenix, AZ for a weekend of racing.

Photobucket

They had VIP passes on pit road, were supposed to meet Kyle Bush (he had to go to the bathroom - so they settled for his girlfriend instead....I am sure they were so disappointed :)), and even had a strict dress code of pants and a shirt with sleeves! Yes, you heard me right...you cannot go on pit road in cut off shorts and a white tank top. Oh, how disappointed Brandon was (yeah right)!

Photobucket

He claims they had a great time, got to see some very interesting people, were amazed at all the RV's in the middle of the race track, and even saw a couple of girls riding motorized coolers! (only at NASCAR).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug went to this race a few years back. It was eye opening to say the least!!!!!!!!

Lisa Cannon said...

We aren't into Nascar either. My neighbor is a huge fan. I tease her that she has different attire when she goes to the races - a tube top and a mini skirt! She is one of the ones in the middle in their RV. It is hilarious! She is SOOOO not the type, if there is one.

Shaundee said...

With the picture of the bloody lip in the last post and now NASCAR...is Brandon secretly going "hick" on us? Just kidding..have to love it.

Sherine said...

The most nascar I've ever been is watching cars:) If he pulls out the wife beater I would say it's time to worry.

ashlee said...

I'm surprised you didn't want to go with :-) I can't believe how big Ava is.

Sharielle said...

Oh man, all these comments on NASCAR in AZ...ya'll need to come to Charlotte. All you have to do is take a walk down the street during speed street week. Let's just say their are wife beaters, fanny packs and mullets gallore! Oh how I miss the NASCAR crowd. Tell Brandon to come to Charlotte, we'll show him the true NASCAR! Arizona is like the much calmer more edited version of NASCAR!

Sharielle said...

oops, I realize now I spelled there wrong...I promise I am smart...maybe NASCAR has worn off on me :).

Chelsea said...

FUN! Such cute posts. The play vs hang out post made me LOL. Love it!

Tiffinee said...

My parents go to alot of the Nascar races. I hear they are so much fun!!

Love the picture with the girlfriend....you can see in their faces how "disappointed" they were! :)